LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Regional Forums > Boston

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 498
0 members and 498 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 10-16-2003, 10:43 PM   #166
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

One hour to go

Quote:
Originally posted by SlaveNoMore

BRING IT!!!!!
You having fun, yf4e?

Cowboy Up!
Old 10-17-2003, 12:20 AM   #167
pony_trekker
Livin' a Lie!

85 YEARS AND COUNTING!

THE CURSE OF THE BAMBINO LIVES ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE CURSE LIVES
pony_trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 12:23 AM   #168
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

85 YEARS AND COUNTING!

Quote:
Originally posted by pony_trekker
THE CURSE OF THE BAMBINO LIVES ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE CURSE LIVES
Heh. Thanks all for a memorable series. Quite nonplussable.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:54 AM   #169
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Don't Let Your Red Sox Grow Up to be Cowboys

OK, s4e, you can change the board motto back to something bearable now.

Congrats to your Yanks on a class performance; if John Henry's going to spend some money, what I'd really like is Torre.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:56 AM   #170
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)

Quote:
Originally posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy
if John Henry's going to spend some money, what I'd really like is Torre.
Mike Hargrove. Little, throughout the playoffs, well outdid Johnny Mac.
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 10:12 AM   #171
purse junkie
She Said, Let's Go!

Quote:
OK, s4e, you can change the board motto back to something bearable now.

Congrats to your Yanks on a class performance; if John Henry's going to spend some money, what I'd really like is Torre.
What'd I tell you? Toddlers (at least Pedro, who seemed to aim for batters every time the one before got a hit off him). Though I understand Pedro sucked it up and admitted responsibility for once postgame--I just couldn't bring myself to watch the coverage.

That said, I love Nomar and Millar, and was blown away by Damon's comeback after the concussion. Wait til next year!
Old 10-17-2003, 04:10 PM   #172
Anne Elk
Apathy rocks!

Quote:
Originally posted by purse junkie
What'd I tell you? Toddlers (at least Pedro, who seemed to aim for batters every time the one before got a hit off him). Though I understand Pedro sucked it up and admitted responsibility for once postgame--I just couldn't bring myself to watch the coverage.

That said, I love Nomar and Millar, and was blown away by Damon's comeback after the concussion. Wait til next year!
I agree, Damon's comeback was truly incredible. I still can't bring myself to read/listen to any of the coverage. Even the blurbs on NPR this morning were painful to hear. Glad that Pedro took responsibility, but I'm still annoyed at Grady. He's the manager, ultimately it is his responsibility.

Should be an interesting off-season. A couple of free agents and Pedro's up for renegotiation. I think Nomar is too.

Anne
Here's hoping that the Revs make another run in the soccer playoffs to get me out of my sports funk. Rev-O-lu-tion.
Old 10-17-2003, 04:18 PM   #173
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)

Quote:
Originally posted by Anne Elk
. . . I still can't bring myself to read/listen to any of the coverage. . . . Glad that Pedro took responsibility, but I'm still annoyed at Grady. He's the manager, ultimately it is his responsibility.

Should be an interesting off-season. A couple of free agents and Pedro's up for renegotiation. I think Nomar is too.
Most of the coverage is: what the fuck was Grady Little thinking? Pedro took responsibility (unlike that puss Clemens in 1986, or ever with the sox), but if he were more responsible he would have told Grady, "I'm gassed" And Grady should have told him he was gassed, whether or not Pedro let him. Once again, the inmates running the asylum.

Grady should, and may very well, get canned. He has no contract, and there are other managers out there and available. This was far from his only questionable move in the playoffs. The team itself has all kinds of talent, yet Grady managed to make things a lot more even. It's like Butch Hobson, 20 years older but with just as little experience.

And, yes, Pedro and Nomar are both up at the end of the year. No question they should resign Nomar. Pedro I'm not so sure about--not because I don't want him pitching, but because I have the feeling his contract demands will be even more unreasonable than Clemens's 7 years ago. And, unlike Clemens back then, he's still pitching hard, but nevertheless not as well.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:42 PM   #174
Anne Elk
Apathy rocks!

How Greedy Are You?

For those who are interested, here are the results from Mass Lawyer's Weekly annual salary survey.

The article is no longer available on-line, but it did ask an interesting question - would you take a pay cut of 25% if it meant an equivalent reduction in hours you had to work?
Old 10-27-2003, 02:48 PM   #175
Anne Elk
Apathy rocks!

Bye Bye Grady

Bostonians must be psychic.

At about 11:30pm on Thursday, October 16th, we all had a vision that Grady Little would not be back to manage the Sox next year.

Today, the Sox announced that Grady Little would not be back to manage the Sox next year. Freaky.

Can anyone confirm the rumor that he is headed to NY to take Zimmer's place? Maybe they can wrestle for it.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:37 PM   #176
Anne Elk
Apathy rocks!

Fleet

Anybody local get a piece of the legal work?

Quote:
Banc of America Securities and Goldman Sachs & Co. advised Bank of America on the merger. Morgan Stanley advised Fleet.
Quote is from the boston.com article.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:46 PM   #177
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)

Fleet

Quote:

I don't know, but from their statement, I wouldn't want to admit to being their antitrust counsel (if they've been retained yet:

Quote:
The company will have 9.8 percent of the banking deposits in the United States and have the first, second or third largest market shares in 21 of the 29 states in its retail footprint, including significant market shares in 21 of the nation’s 30 largest metropolitan areas. Bank of America will be first, second or third in market share in 23 of the 30 fastest growing metropolitan areas.
That'll make it easy to get DOJ clearance (although I don't think they overlap much). And, much as I hate large companies, at least BofA provides free online banking. And now they'll have ATMs free to me in Boston.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:43 PM   #178
Seven of Nine
Owner of FB Post 11000!

Location: A galaxy far far away -- but close enough to be home by dinner!
Fleet

Fleet Bank is the evil egomaniacal heathen of the banking world. Like the black widow, Fleet Bank screws you until you die, then devours your empty corpse.

It's good to see them get eaten up by BofA. Hopefully this'll help Beantown consumers get better service than ever before. Nevertheless, I'm sticking with the Citi Private Bank. If any of you are sick of getting reamed by fees, policies, etc., I highly recommend it.

Seven
Old 10-28-2003, 08:53 PM   #179
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Fleet

Quote:

Fleet's M&A work has traditionally been done by Wachtell and Edwards & Angell. Bank of Boston work was always done by Bingham.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:19 PM   #180
Daria
No Rank For You!

Fleet

Quote:
Fleet's M&A work has traditionally been done by Wachtell and Edwards & Angell. Bank of Boston work was always done by Bingham.
From the SB New York board. Cleary is doing the work for BoA.
Daria is offline   Reply With Quote