LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Big Board

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 737
0 members and 737 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 08-12-2005, 12:13 AM   #301
Spanky
For what it's worth

At last, the formula for success with woman!

Quote:
Originally posted by notcasesensitive
I love your theories on my personal issues. I wasn't really trying to help you.
What theory was that?
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:16 AM   #302
notcasesensitive
Flaired.

Quote:
Originally posted by Spanky
What theory was that?
The one that I am bitter and angry, the one that I don't get out much, the one that I am a social cripple. Gosh, there are so many, where should I start?
notcasesensitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:24 AM   #303
Atticus Grinch
Hello, Dum-Dum.

Quote:
Originally posted by paigowprincess
OK, now I totally remember this guy. He tried to be down with the Barbri kids and funny, in a Bronx kinda way, right? I think I only went to one performance exam session- total waste of time.
"Iiiiiiiit's eeeeeeeeeasy. Eeeeeeeeverybody paaaaaaaasses." That guy? Maybe they switched performance exam guys.

Having LS profs make summer money teaching BarBri has got to be some kind of galactically stupid conflict of interest. It is any wonder you don't learn LAW in LAW SCHOOL?
Atticus Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:25 AM   #304
Penske_Account
WacKtose Intolerant

Inspiration

Spank,

In your pursuit of that which others claim is unattainable I am reminded of another story of derring-do in pursuit of love where the underdog, npi, triumphed.

It is well documented history that by the time Bill Clinton entered Yale Law School he was already a veteran womanizer. And yet it is also well documented that Madame Hillary met her future husband in the library where she strode up to him and said, "If you're going to keep staring at me, I might as well introduce myself."

On its face that might not seem much of gamble, but keeping in mind what she looked like, the audacity of her action (and the lunacy to think anyone was staring at her in any way other than the side show way) should embolden you to go forward.

Penske_Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:29 AM   #305
Penske_Account
WacKtose Intolerant

Quote:
Originally posted by Atticus Grinch
"Iiiiiiiit's eeeeeeeeeasy. Eeeeeeeeverybody paaaaaaaasses." That guy? Maybe they switched performance exam guys.

Having LS profs make summer money teaching BarBri has got to be some kind of galactically stupid conflict of interest. It is any wonder you don't learn LAW in LAW SCHOOL?
How does this help Spanky with the Serbian? This is like giving someone a epidural to stop a nosebleed. Please, stay on-topic.

Penske_Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:33 AM   #306
Atticus Grinch
Hello, Dum-Dum.

Fuck

Quote:
Originally posted by NotFromHere
You mean for like a document - or like for here?
Because for the first, it's format. paragraph. indent.
Is it just me, or is this a new low?
Old 08-12-2005, 12:42 AM   #307
Atticus Grinch
Hello, Dum-Dum.

Quote:
Originally posted by Penske_Account
How does this help Spanky with the Serbian? This is like giving someone a epidural to stop a nosebleed. Please, stay on-topic.
I'm not helping?

Old 08-12-2005, 12:43 AM   #308
sgtclub
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally posted by robustpuppy
If I were a man I would go out with you to meet women. Then I could be less persistent than you by only a small degree and still seem very, very safe. Then I would get all of your good action.

Plus, I'd be fantastic looking and have a huge crank.
Brilliant.
sgtclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:45 AM   #309
sgtclub
Serenity Now

Quote:
The basic plot of most of the teen movies I have seen (hell and a lot of adult ones) is that guy meets girl, girl not into guy, guy convinces her to change her mind, and he always gets the girl in the end. Did it ever occur to any of you that this might happen every once in a while in real life.

Every man, with half a brain, has heard the story: We were friends for many years, I was never interested in him in "that" way, but then one day he (insert random thing) and I saw him completely differently and now we are in love. Or when he first started pursing me I was not that impressed but then one day (blah blah blah) and now I am totaly enamoured of him.

I call it the battle of attrition. But smart men learn pretty early in life that one place persistence can really pay off is with women. I just find it perplexing that so many women can be so incredulous when someone says that.
I got your back spank. They're just jealous that no one is stalking, errr pursuing them.

ETA: Is she really a stripper/work at a strip club? If so, your approach is dead on.

Last edited by sgtclub; 08-12-2005 at 01:06 AM..
sgtclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:03 AM   #310
Flinty_McFlint

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank Chinaski
Its weird, Truth is you all are gump and NFH and i are Jennie, but we both realized you all think its the other way. but guess what? We are getting togehter this weekend and I bet we have trouble walking Monday and not because we need leg braces!
Huh. Hank is a lesbian.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:13 AM   #311
Flinty_McFlint

Quote:
An intelligent response would be:

Here are some possibilities.

1) She is so conflict averse that she really doesn't want you around but just can't even bring herself to hint at it. And that is why the mixed signals.

2) She is not sure if she can trust. She is slightly interested but at this point isn't quite sure if going out with me would be considered a stupid risk in this day and age.

3) She does like me but wants to make sure I am really interested and not out for a good time.

4) She is interested and doesn't think she has done anything to hint otherwise. She didn't call me because she didn't want to be too forward, but that is natural.

5) She has no idea what she is thinking and just lives purely in the moment.

6) She is not balances and her moods and feelings change constantly.
Not to shit on the wedding cake (yeah, I just invented that phrase, feel free to use it), but I note that none of the listed possibilities is "She doesn't like me," or "She is scared of me." Even I, master playa that I am, would consider those among the possibilities in the mind of the quarry I am hunting. Did you just want people to give positive advice?
Old 08-12-2005, 02:23 AM   #312
Spanky
For what it's worth

Quote:
Originally posted by Flinty_McFlint
Not to shit on the wedding cake (yeah, I just invented that phrase, feel free to use it), but I note that none of the listed possibilities is "She doesn't like me," or "She is scared of me." Even I, master playa that I am, would consider those among the possibilities in the mind of the quarry I am hunting. Did you just want people to give positive advice?
Number one assumed she doesn't like me. But she is so shy she just can't tell it. Please pay attention.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:39 AM   #313
Nut Case, Sensitive

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtclub
I got your back spank. They're just jealous that no one is stalking, errr pursuing them.
Ah-hem!
Nut Case, Sensitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:32 AM   #314
greatwhitenorthchick
Steaming Hot

Quote:
Originally posted by notcasesensitive
This is the Seal Effect, no? You may keep the Quasimodo Modelizers on your planet.
I think Seal is totally hot. Always have. I would give my pinky toe to touch that fucked-up face.

Then again, my boyfriend is objectively not hot, and I think he is totally sexy. And I wanted to have sex with him within about 30 seconds of meeting him. Maybe that is because I am an over-the-hill desparate soon-to-be divorcee.
greatwhitenorthchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:41 AM   #315
taxwonk
Wild Rumpus Facilitator

Quote:
Originally posted by robustpuppy
I don't watch a lot of movies so I don't know how relationships work. I really don't even know how I got pregnant.
But do you know the difference between a blow job and a Big Mac?