LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Big Board

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 775
0 members and 775 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 08-27-2005, 09:45 PM   #901
taxwonk
Wild Rumpus Facilitator

Way Over the Line

Quote:
Originally posted by paigowprincess
When you go out and hunt down your own free range cow, you can talk to me about food chains, Mr. Too Much Meat
I see. And tell me, what is the acreage in your apartment? How big a thresher do you have? What the crush ratio on your soy crop?

Tax(hunting cows would be no fun, they just stand there)wonk
Old 08-27-2005, 09:47 PM   #902
taxwonk
Wild Rumpus Facilitator

Way Over the Line

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank Chinaski
Somehow I knew you collected the trading cards. Does Mom let you keep all the boxes in the basement or do you have to store them in the attic?
Old 08-27-2005, 10:16 PM   #903
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

Way Over the Line

Quote:
Originally posted by Ty@50
I find this post interesting from a historic perspective. In my time something this self-indulgent, especially on a dedicated topic board like the spanky board, would be prevented from even being posted by the screening software (thanks Mr.) Went it first went online (2112) it was amazing to see how the more narcissistic poster's post counts went down. Another Paigow-improvement(SM) we enjoy nowadays.

once the board was clear of them, we started calling SS and the others "I me Mine" people. As an example, for a few months after the beta test went in, everyone thought Ironweed must have switched to a new harder job because he just wasn't around. We found out later that he was still trying to post 20-30 times a day but he just couldn't meet the new criteria. Of course, as repetititve as his posts get, once the first did get through he had a template. Still, he left claiming he was offended by the censorship.

I heard he's at Tucker Max now, and that he posts alot on the nursing home sex stories forum.
What are Ignore Lists like in the future?
Old 08-27-2005, 10:28 PM   #904
Spanky
For what it's worth

Spanky!

Quote:
Originally posted by paigowprincess
Can I interest you in the John Melloncamp/John Fogerty show at Shoreline? It should be rockin
You want to hear something disgusting. Did you know that Moutain View City Councilmnn get their own permanent boxes at Shoreline. I guess they got that for the zoning or whatever. A friend of mine on the council invited me to show. Couldn't believe it.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:30 PM   #905
Spanky
For what it's worth

Way Over the Line

Quote:
Originally posted by Shape Shifter
What are Ignore Lists like in the future?
I couldn't figure out if it was you or me he was accusing of being so self involved. Mabye both of us?
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:33 PM   #906
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

Way Over the Line

Quote:
Originally posted by Spanky
I couldn't figure out if it was you or me he was accusing of being so self involved. Mabye both of us?
Don't be so narcissistic. Clearly, it was aimed at me.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:35 PM   #907
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Way Over the Line

[

Last edited by Hank Chinaski; 08-28-2005 at 09:30 AM..
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:42 PM   #908
Ty@50

Way Over the Line

Quote:
Originally posted by Spanky
Mr. Spanky, this is your board. By definition it's all about you, so you couldn't make it too much about you.

On the other hand, and at last count until 2020, there has never been a Shape Shifter board. When we went Satellite in 2117 abba, Penske, even nfh news all got their own forums, but SS- (Mr. let me tell you about my song's origins) has to keep visiting the "homes" of other's.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:55 PM   #909
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

Way Over the Line

Quote:
Mr. Spanky, this is your board. By definition it's all about you, so you couldn't make it too much about you.

On the other hand, and at last count until 2020, there has never been a Shape Shifter board. When we went Satellite in 2117 abba, Penske, even nfh news all got their own forums, but SS- (Mr. let me tell you about my song's origins) has to keep visiting the "homes" of other's.
See, spanky? Everyone always thinks it's easy being a sockstar, but it has its downsides. Between the paparazzi and the stalkers, I never have any privacy. I can't go to the grocery store, beat my servants, or even have a lapdance for fear of being followed by dangerously imbalanced dingbats like this.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:58 PM   #910
Ty@50

Way Over the Line

Quote:
See, spanky? Everyone always thinks it's easy being a sockstar, but it has its downsides. Between the paparazzi and the stalkers, I never have any privacy. I can't go to the grocery store, beat my servants, or even have a lapdance for fear of being followed by dangerously imbalanced dingbats like this.
I quit being a moderator in 2009, but since "current Ty' still is, I can't have an operative ignore list in the past? WTF? This might drive me back to the future.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:05 PM   #911
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

Way Over the Line

Quote:
I quit being a moderator in 2009, but since "current Ty' still is, I can't have an operative ignore list in the past? WTF? This might drive me back to the future.
At first I didn't believe this was really Ty, but this reads sort of like Pynchon. I'm really confused now.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:50 PM   #912
Ty@50

Way Over the Line

Quote:
At first I didn't believe this was really Ty, but this reads sort of like Pynchon. I'm really confused now.
Back then/now I always wanted to delete SS posts. It turns out i sort of did, once I found out that Hank was really his sock (shhhh). But back then Penske would PM me to say SS/Hank were actually funny and i should leave them alone. Now I am secure enough to be honest with myself. The board wouldn't be hurt if ss and his socks (hank TmDiva, etc) were all banned. I intend to propose it to Ms. Paigow in the near future,
Old 08-28-2005, 12:19 AM   #913
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

Way Over the Line

Quote:
Back then/now I always wanted to delete SS posts. It turns out i sort of did, once I found out that Hank was really his sock (shhhh). But back then Penske would PM me to say SS/Hank were actually funny and i should leave them alone. Now I am secure enough to be honest with myself. The board wouldn't be hurt if ss and his socks (hank TmDiva, etc) were all banned. I intend to propose it to Ms. Paigow in the near future,
Most of my socks are one joke, single use socks. My Hank sock is something of the exception. It only has a single joke, but it posts it over and over and over again.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:25 PM   #914
SlaveNoMore
Consigliere

Moo

Quote:
taxwonk
It would be even better if you beat the calf to death with a kitty.
Kittens help to tenderize the meat - but I still prefer the time honored technique of using a claw hammer.

Best veal you'll ever have.

Sushi place I'm going to later tonight does this interesting nigiri variation using Foie Gras. It's phenomenal.
SlaveNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 06:29 PM   #915
Atticus Grinch
Hello, Dum-Dum.

Way Over the Line

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank Chinaski
Funny you should post this. Yesterday I lunched at Armadillo Willy's. The clientele tended toward the morbidly obese, as you should expect anywhere where they pipe in Shania Twain over loudspeakers. One portly gentleman wearing a sleeveless t-shirt (not a tank top; is there some other name for when you take the "t" out of a t-shirt?) waddled past our table, behind his chattering two-year old daughter ON A FUCKING LEASH.

Of course, for all I know she might grow up to be the Danica Patrick of NASCAR.
Atticus Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote