LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Regional Forums > Ohio

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 512
1 members and 511 guests
Tyrone Slothrop
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 04-24-2003, 05:19 PM   #121
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

Quote:
Originally posted by Herb Markman
When I saw 123 posts, I actually thought there was legal news in Ohio. But, alas, it is just the three of you discussing Paul Lynde, spankings, and bar exam results. Paul Lynde from the center square was genius, but Charles Nelson Reilly was the best gameshow "celebrity" ever.

On the subject of the bar exam results, why does Ohio announce them by listing names on a web page? That seems cruel to me. In my former state, it was done by code number. The patent bar does it by code number as well. Maybe an "Ohio Bar Examiners are Cruel" is in order.
apparently we have another guy who rambles on about boring old game shows here. but we can also talk about thongs if you prefer. including the ever popular "new rome sucks" thong - which is kind of related to the ohio legal community

i really believe that you are required to be sadistic in order to become a member of the board of bar examiners for a state. because it seems like every state does something extremely cruel. i think its probably because the bar exam is really either some sort of evil psyology experiment or really a hazing ritual that the bar examiners choose by lots who will pass or fail.

ms. naughty diplomat
ms. naughty diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 05:36 PM   #122
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

Quote:
Originally posted by andViolins
You are certainly encouraged to discuss any and all Ohio legal news on this site. In addition, I encourage you to tell any and all friends and acquaintances about LawTalkers and ask them to post on Ohio legal issues as well. The reality, however, is that it will take time to grow the local traffic and number of users for Ohio. That doesn't mean that the people who are here can't post about, well, whatever they feel like posting about.
and compared to the other regional boards, we're about average. current discussion on the d.c. board involves a department store. the new york board is mainly discussing someone's anti-some law firm site. the detroit board is totally dead other than my ocassional attempts to see if anyone is actually reading it. i even posted something related to actual leagal news in detroit and it hasn't seem to attract any posts.

and incidentially, is jerry springer still a member of the ohio bar???

ms. naughty diplomat
Old 04-24-2003, 11:11 PM   #123
Herb Markman

Come to think of it, our discussion of the "New Rome Sucks" thong was about the only lively discussion on the "other" Ohio board recently. I saw Jerry with some local Ohio politicians at lunch a few weeks ago. I can't see Jerry keeping up on his CLE's for the last few years so I doubt that he currently is a member of the bar.

So let me get this straight. aV is the host. spooky is a recent grad waiting for the bar results. And I see that ms. naughty diplomat slash ruthie is playing her usual dual role as schoolgirl slash sensual goddess. Or are vegetables sensual and people are sensuous? I can never remember.

I only mentioned game shows because the topic seemed like it was fair game, given spooky's id. I will say that reruns of Matchgame are hilarious and if you have never seen Nipsy Russell in action, I highly recommend having a few cocktails and checking it out. Besides the Simpsons and That 70's Show, is there any worthwhile TV out there these days? I miss Seinfeld.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:57 AM   #124
andViolins
(Moderator) oHIo

Quote:
Originally posted by Herb Markman So let me get this straight. aV is the host. spooky is a recent grad waiting for the bar results. And I see that ms. naughty diplomat slash ruthie is playing her usual dual role as schoolgirl slash sensual goddess. Or are vegetables sensual and people are sensuous? I can never remember.
Well, I don't know if you can really call me the host. I don't have appetizers set out or anything. . .

a[Would you mind not putting your drink down without a coaster? Thanks.]V

p.s. I think you have coats. spooky's got the stereo and nyd is getting ready to toast the buns.
andViolins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 08:31 AM   #125
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

Quote:
Well, I don't know if you can really call me the host. I don't have appetizers set out or anything. . .

a[Would you mind not putting your drink down without a coaster? Thanks.]V

p.s. I think you have coats. spooky's got the stereo and nyd is getting ready to toast the buns.
don't be silly, mr. violins. i really can't do an effective job of toasting buns without having someone to help me properly toast them.

ruthie
Old 04-30-2003, 09:48 AM   #126
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

don't give them ideas

which one of you guys was it that said that there are people trying to turn ohio into the new alabama?

(for those of you who don't look at the fashion board, alabama is trying to continue their rediculous ban on sex toys)

ms. naughty diplomat
Old 04-30-2003, 09:52 AM   #127
spookyfish
Rageaholic

don't give them ideas

Quote:
Originally posted by ms. naughty diplomat
which one of you guys was it that said that there are people trying to turn ohio into the new alabama?

(for those of you who don't look at the fashion board, alabama is trying to continue their rediculous ban on sex toys)

ms. naughty diplomat
I think I said Mississippi. Someone else threw in Alabama. If that happens, people may vote with their, um, feet.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:05 AM   #128
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

don't give them ideas

Quote:
Originally posted by spookyfish
I think I said Mississippi. Someone else threw in Alabama. If that happens, people may vote with their, um, feet.
right, pennsylvania or michigan would start looking way better.

actually it may have been me - i said that i think that indiana was going for the title of the mississippi of the north, which would make ohio the alabama. except that mississippi may actually allow vibrators.

ms. naughty diplomat
Old 04-30-2003, 02:40 PM   #129
andViolins
(Moderator) oHIo

don't give them ideas

Quote:

ms. naughty diplomat
The fine Ohio legislature is too busy with issues such as conceal carry laws and slot machines at the horse track to be worried about banning sex toys. . . yet.

aV
Old 04-30-2003, 02:58 PM   #130
spookyfish
Rageaholic

don't give them ideas

Quote:
The fine Ohio legislature is too busy with issues such as conceal carry laws and slot machines at the horse track to be worried about banning sex toys. . . yet.

aV
I hear Charlton Heston is available now. Maybe the sex toy lobby (if there is such a thing) could get him to stand on stage with a giant dildo and have him tell the assembled throng that they can have it when they pry it from his cold, dead hand.

spookyfish
Old 04-30-2003, 03:13 PM   #131
andViolins
(Moderator) oHIo

don't give them ideas

Quote:
I hear Charlton Heston is available now. Maybe the sex toy lobby (if there is such a thing) could get him to stand on stage with a giant dildo and have him tell the assembled throng that they can have it when they pry it from his cold, dead hand.

spookyfish
Or when the battery dies.

aV
Old 04-30-2003, 04:47 PM   #132
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

don't give them ideas

Quote:
but what happens when he finds out that dildos are not really a new type of gun?

i can't wait to start seeing "if dildos are outlawed, only outlaws will have dildos" bumper stickers on the ohio roads.

ms. naughty diplomat
Old 04-30-2003, 04:50 PM   #133
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

don't give them ideas

Quote:
if you are so concerned about laws like those turning ohio into mississippi you must have never lived in the south. it sounds more like they are going for a combination of virginia (which either wants to allow or has allowed carrying concealed handguns into bars) and maryland (which is trying really hard to allow slot machines at horse tracks because apparently delaware allows it).

ms. naughty diplomat
Old 05-01-2003, 08:51 AM   #134
andViolins
(Moderator) oHIo

don't give them ideas

Quote:
if you are so concerned about laws like those turning ohio into mississippi you must have never lived in the south. it sounds more like they are going for a combination of virginia (which either wants to allow or has allowed carrying concealed handguns into bars) and maryland (which is trying really hard to allow slot machines at horse tracks because apparently delaware allows it).

ms. naughty diplomat
You are correct.

I have never lived in the South.

a[but I do like grits.]V
Old 05-01-2003, 08:59 AM   #135
spookyfish
Rageaholic

don't give them ideas

Quote:
but what happens when he finds out that dildos are not really a new type of gun?

i can't wait to start seeing "if dildos are outlawed, only outlaws will have dildos" bumper stickers on the ohio roads.

ms. naughty diplomat
Sadly, reports are that Mr. Heston is not as lucid as he used to be. The progression of his disease will likely mean that sometime in the future he won't be able to tell a dildo from a cheese sandwich, let alone a gun.