LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Fashionable

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 180
0 members and 180 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #691
dtb
I am beyond a rank!

Re: Full of impotent rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABBAKiss View Post
I found him hanging in my laundry room when I went downstairs to workout Wednesday morning. No note. I did not see it coming. The last thing I said to him was "I love you, let's get some sleep."

He left the cross he always wore since his baptism in my daughter's room.
Dear God, A, that is horrific. If only there were something to say or do to make it better, any of us would do it in a heartbeat. Your dreadful experience has got to be one of life's most painful, and I'm so, so, very sorry you are facing it.

If there's anything to the saying that God [the Universe/whatever] won't give you more than what you can handle, you must be the strongest person who ever lived.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:11 PM   #692
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
I found him hanging in my laundry room when I went downstairs to workout Wednesday morning. No note. I did not see it coming. The last thing I said to him was "I love you, let's get some sleep."

I'm sure there were prayers and thoughts for all of you all from your friends all over today. I know I added some here. I wish there was more we could do.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:55 PM   #693
Icky Thump

Quote:

I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:20 PM   #694
ABBAKiss
Genius Known As ABBAKiss

Thank you so much to all of you for your support. It means so very much to me. Thank you to Fugee for being there tonight and thank you to all of your for your generous gift. I am doing "okay" right now, and have girlfriends with me 24/7 at home. But I am terrified for when reality sinks in. This is truly awful, and your support means a lot.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:01 AM   #695
Sidd Finch
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
Thank you so much to all of you for your support. It means so very much to me. Thank you to Fugee for being there tonight and thank you to all of your for your generous gift. I am doing "okay" right now, and have girlfriends with me 24/7 at home. But I am terrified for when reality sinks in. This is truly awful, and your support means a lot.
Abba, I am so deeply sorry for this.

15 years ago, my closest friend -- the guy who'd been best man at my wedding a year earlier -- killed himself. I'll skip the details, but he left a note for me to find.

Please take all the support you need and give yourself all the space you need during this. Your girlfriends, your anonymous internet friends (us), and anyone else who is offering to do something, they all do mean it. Try to keep people around you who love and will support you. Hug your daughter and yourself a lot. And after awhile, see if you can find a support group for people who've survived suicide -- I did this and I cannot tell you how much it helped me get through the part where reality sinks in.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:02 AM   #696
Penske 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticus grinch View Post
on this day 10 years ago, a college friend e-mailed me (did i mention this was 10 years ago?) to warn me that someone had mentioned my tiny, tiny former firm on an online forum called "greedy associates." i'd never heard of it but i figured out how to find the post he was talking about. It contained some ridiculous misinformation, so i created a login (different from this one, which didn't exist yet) and posted something snarky and condescending. No one cared, but i was hooked. I lurked for the most part, and then posted a couple of times on the politics board -- got into a couple of fights, and won them, naturally. A month or two later, i had created this login, and aside from a couple of self-imposed temporary mental health hiatuses (including one i'm in the midst of now), i've been a near-constant source of b-listery and a sponge for your drama ever since.

Abba's tragedy has been a reminder that you all have been, in one way or another and to varying degrees, my friends for 10 years. Thank you. I love you all, and will gladly do what i can to help any of you should the opportunity ever present itself.

Fondly,
t
Old 08-01-2011, 03:05 AM   #697
Penske 2.0

Quote:

ABBA, so sorry for your loss. So tragic. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Sasha and your family.

Steve

Last edited by Penske 2.0; 08-01-2011 at 02:39 PM..
Old 08-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #698
futbol fan

Quote:
I can't really think of anything to say in the face of all this, but we're all thinking of you right now. Take good care of yourself and let us know how you're doing and what we can do.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #699
ferrets_bueller

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Some of you may remember me from the GA Board. When that Board crashed, I really had nothing more to say, and registering for this site reeked of effort. So, for God knows how long, I simply lurked.

Many years ago, 1995, if memory serves, I met one of you in real life. (Hi, Fugee.) I'm an old guy. But I found you folks to be at least occasionally witty, so I followed this Board now and again.

Now I've got something to say, so I registered.

AbbaKiss:

It gets better. I promise.

Thirteen months ago, a horrific event in my married daughter's life mirrored your own agony. Indeed, I simply can't describe the sight I saw when I got to her home. She thought, and I thought, that the depth of the pain could not possibly ever recede. I like to think of myself as a pretty strong guy. I am a combat veteran. I sobbed like an infant. I felt helpless to help my little girl. I have never felt so helpless in my life.

It gets better, I promise.

Nothing will ever be the same. No one can or should tell you otherwise. If it is possible, cling to your family. Like your situation, there was a child involved, although it was not my daugther's child. You don't have to hide your grief for the child's sake. Children are smarter than that.

It gets better. I promise.

Time. Time. Time and a plan will reveal itself to you, and you will wake up, one morning, months from now, and it won't ache quite as much. You will throw yourself into a new world, a different world, to be sure, but a time to begin again.

I get teary eyed just thinking about what my daughter went through, and so I know right now the prospect of ever feeling joy again might be hard for you today.

Remember your husband when he smiled. Remember when you fell in love. Remember him when he did something so surpassingly dopey that you laughed at him so hard the coffee you were drinking came out your nose.

It gets better. I promise. And I don't make promises lightly.

Ferrets
Old 08-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #700
greatwhitenorthchick
Steaming Hot

Quote:

Oh, ABBA, that is horrific. Big hugs and lots of love. I can't even imagine what you are going through.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #701
Did you just call me Coltrane?

Quote:

Fuck. This sucks. I am so sorry, ABBA.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #702
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:

I've struggled with what to say, but all I've got is I'm so sorry. And I sincerely hope and believe that Ferrets is right. It must get better.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #703
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:

Jesus. That is really unfair. He must have been in a lot of pain. I'm sorry he had that pain and I'm sorry you lost him and have to deal with all of this. But you can do it. You are a strong person and everyone on this board believes in you and cares about you.

TM
Old 08-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #704
Cletus Miller
the poor-man's spuckler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
Jesus. That is really unfair. He must have been in a lot of pain. I'm sorry he had that pain and I'm sorry you lost him and have to deal with all of this. But you can do it. You are a strong person and everyone on this board believes in you and cares about you.

TM
2, from the D-List.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #705
tmdiva
Quality not quantity

Quote:
Aw, honey, I've never met you and I ache for you right now. I hope you can feel all our virtual arms around you--I know I haven't stopped thinking about you since you first posted about his death.

XO
Closed Thread